The first Red-band trailer for the new Ryan Gosling/Nicolas Wining Refn collaboration “Only God Forgives” has come online.
A brutal revenge thriller, co-starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Vithaya Pansringarm, that seems to be interspersed with a great soundtrack (not unlike the duo’s previous teaming, “Drive”) and some great martial-arts sequences, the movie will open at the Cannes Film Festival in little over a month. Interested to hear some of those reviews – particularly to see whether or not Gosling and Refn have topped “Drive”, which, upon each viewing, gets better and better.
The trailer suggests we’re in for a good time :
Julian (Gosling) lives in exile in Bangkok where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for the family’s drugs smuggling operation. When Julian’s brother Billy is killed their mother, Jenna (Kristen Scott Thomas), arrives in the city. She wants revenge and forces Julian to find the killer. Julian’s contacts in the criminal underworld lead him directly to The Angel of Vengeance, a retired police officer who knows everything and who is both Judge and Punisher. Jenna demands that Julian kill The Angel of Vengeance, an act that will cost him dearly.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015