The first Red-band trailer for the new Ryan Gosling/Nicolas Wining Refn collaboration “Only God Forgives” has come online.
A brutal revenge thriller, co-starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Vithaya Pansringarm, that seems to be interspersed with a great soundtrack (not unlike the duo’s previous teaming, “Drive”) and some great martial-arts sequences, the movie will open at the Cannes Film Festival in little over a month. Interested to hear some of those reviews – particularly to see whether or not Gosling and Refn have topped “Drive”, which, upon each viewing, gets better and better.
The trailer suggests we’re in for a good time :
Julian (Gosling) lives in exile in Bangkok where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for the family’s drugs smuggling operation. When Julian’s brother Billy is killed their mother, Jenna (Kristen Scott Thomas), arrives in the city. She wants revenge and forces Julian to find the killer. Julian’s contacts in the criminal underworld lead him directly to The Angel of Vengeance, a retired police officer who knows everything and who is both Judge and Punisher. Jenna demands that Julian kill The Angel of Vengeance, an act that will cost him dearly.
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014