The first Red-band trailer for the new Ryan Gosling/Nicolas Wining Refn collaboration “Only God Forgives” has come online.
A brutal revenge thriller, co-starring Kristin Scott Thomas and Vithaya Pansringarm, that seems to be interspersed with a great soundtrack (not unlike the duo’s previous teaming, “Drive”) and some great martial-arts sequences, the movie will open at the Cannes Film Festival in little over a month. Interested to hear some of those reviews – particularly to see whether or not Gosling and Refn have topped “Drive”, which, upon each viewing, gets better and better.
The trailer suggests we’re in for a good time :
Julian (Gosling) lives in exile in Bangkok where he runs a Thai boxing club as a front for the family’s drugs smuggling operation. When Julian’s brother Billy is killed their mother, Jenna (Kristen Scott Thomas), arrives in the city. She wants revenge and forces Julian to find the killer. Julian’s contacts in the criminal underworld lead him directly to The Angel of Vengeance, a retired police officer who knows everything and who is both Judge and Punisher. Jenna demands that Julian kill The Angel of Vengeance, an act that will cost him dearly.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015