Actress (and sometime musician; see below) Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”) has snagged a fairly plum role, playing the female lead to Robert Downey ‘Iron Man’ Jr in Warner Bros’ “The Judge”.
Deadline says Meester, who has yet to really crack the elusive big-screen market (“The Roommate” didn’t quite explode like one’s 12 year old sister expected it to), will play a key role in the drama. Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga are also aboard the film, which tells of “a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder.”
David Dobkin directs.
This is quite timely for Meester, being that she recently wrapped her long-running, high-profile role on the now-defunct “Gossip Girl”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015