Actress (and sometime musician; see below) Leighton Meester (“Gossip Girl”) has snagged a fairly plum role, playing the female lead to Robert Downey ‘Iron Man’ Jr in Warner Bros’ “The Judge”.
Deadline says Meester, who has yet to really crack the elusive big-screen market (“The Roommate” didn’t quite explode like one’s 12 year old sister expected it to), will play a key role in the drama. Vincent D’Onofrio, Robert Duvall, and Vera Farmiga are also aboard the film, which tells of “a lawyer who returns home after his mother’s death only to learn that his estranged father, the town’s judge, is suspected of murder.”
David Dobkin directs.
This is quite timely for Meester, being that she recently wrapped her long-running, high-profile role on the now-defunct “Gossip Girl”.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014