The second screen interpretation of Stephen King’s best-seller (yes, it’s not strictly a remake), “Carrie” stars “Kick-Ass” scene-stealer Chloe Moretz as a young, shy high schooler who, after her fair share of bullying, takes out her anger on a prom’s worth of peers. The film features Julianne Moore as Carrie’s nutty mother, as well as the excellent Judy Greer and Australian actor Alex Russell (“Wasted on the Young”). Kimberly Peirce, of “Boy’s Don’t Cry” fame, looks to have made an effectively scary and haunting – in numerous ways – movie here.. if this first, full-length trailer is anything to go by.
A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White (Chloe Grace Moretz), a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother (Julianne Moore), who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom. Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, Carrie is directed by Kimberly Peirce with a screenplay by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa.
“Carrie” is out in October.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014