The second screen interpretation of Stephen King’s best-seller (yes, it’s not strictly a remake), “Carrie” stars “Kick-Ass” scene-stealer Chloe Moretz as a young, shy high schooler who, after her fair share of bullying, takes out her anger on a prom’s worth of peers. The film features Julianne Moore as Carrie’s nutty mother, as well as the excellent Judy Greer and Australian actor Alex Russell (“Wasted on the Young”). Kimberly Peirce, of “Boy’s Don’t Cry” fame, looks to have made an effectively scary and haunting – in numerous ways – movie here.. if this first, full-length trailer is anything to go by.
A reimagining of the classic horror tale about Carrie White (Chloe Grace Moretz), a shy girl outcast by her peers and sheltered by her deeply religious mother (Julianne Moore), who unleashes telekinetic terror on her small town after being pushed too far at her senior prom. Based on the best-selling novel by Stephen King, Carrie is directed by Kimberly Peirce with a screenplay by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa.
“Carrie” is out in October.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015