Australia’s Jacki Weaver continues to kick goals in Hollywood.
The actress, Oscar Nominated for her role in “The Silver-Linings Playbook”, will star with veteran actress Gena Rowlands (“The Notebook”) in the indy drama “6 Dance Lessons in 6 Weeks”.
Deadline says the film, directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman and based on a play of the same name, “is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Cheyenne Jackson), to give her private dance lessons — one per week for six weeks — in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing.”
Weaver, who is in the upcoming “Parkland” produced by Tom Hanks, “will play the role of sassy vixen, Irene, one of Michael’s dance students.”
Come a long way since “Picnic at Hanging Rock”, Jacki!
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015