Australia’s Jacki Weaver continues to kick goals in Hollywood.
The actress, Oscar Nominated for her role in “The Silver-Linings Playbook”, will star with veteran actress Gena Rowlands (“The Notebook”) in the indy drama “6 Dance Lessons in 6 Weeks”.
Deadline says the film, directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman and based on a play of the same name, “is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Cheyenne Jackson), to give her private dance lessons — one per week for six weeks — in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing.”
Weaver, who is in the upcoming “Parkland” produced by Tom Hanks, “will play the role of sassy vixen, Irene, one of Michael’s dance students.”
Come a long way since “Picnic at Hanging Rock”, Jacki!
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014