Australia’s Jacki Weaver continues to kick goals in Hollywood.
The actress, Oscar Nominated for her role in “The Silver-Linings Playbook”, will star with veteran actress Gena Rowlands (“The Notebook”) in the indy drama “6 Dance Lessons in 6 Weeks”.
Deadline says the film, directed by Arthur Allan Seidelman and based on a play of the same name, “is described as a touching comedy about a retired woman, Lily Harrison (Rowlands), who hires a handsome, energetic dance instructor, Michael Minetti (Cheyenne Jackson), to give her private dance lessons — one per week for six weeks — in her gulf-front condo in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What begins as an antagonistic relationship blossoms into an intimate friendship as these two people from very different backgrounds reveal their secrets, fears, and joys while dancing.”
Weaver, who is in the upcoming “Parkland” produced by Tom Hanks, “will play the role of sassy vixen, Irene, one of Michael’s dance students.”
Come a long way since “Picnic at Hanging Rock”, Jacki!
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015