Aussie actress Bojana Novakovic, soon to be seen opposite Keanu Reeves in “Generation Um”, has joined the cast of “Teenage Kicks”. The film, written and to be directed by Craig Boreham, is raising the last slice of it’s budget over at Pozible.
“Teenage Kicks” is a journey through the minefield of adolescence as Miklos Varga, played by young up and comer Miles Szanto (”Love My Way”, ”The Elephant Princess”), searches for a way to navigate his guilt over his brother’s death and his explosive sexuality to find the man he can be. The film has its roots in the team’s award winning short film, Drowning, that did impressive business on the festival circuit and collected quite few fans along the way.
Novakovic, whose credits include “Edge of Darkness” and “Burning Man”, will play Annuska, a young pregnant woman who forms a precarious relationship with the younger brother of her recently deceased boyfriend, seeing in him a glimmer of the man she lost.
“Teenage Kicks is a special, powerful film and we are delighted to be involved with casting. Bojana is magical as Annushka and together with Miles Szanto as Mik there’s no doubt it’s an exciting cast” says Marianne Jade at Maura Fay Casting.
Curious Distribution will release “Teenage Kicks” downunder.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015