Aussie actress Bojana Novakovic, soon to be seen opposite Keanu Reeves in “Generation Um”, has joined the cast of “Teenage Kicks”. The film, written and to be directed by Craig Boreham, is raising the last slice of it’s budget over at Pozible.
“Teenage Kicks” is a journey through the minefield of adolescence as Miklos Varga, played by young up and comer Miles Szanto (”Love My Way”, ”The Elephant Princess”), searches for a way to navigate his guilt over his brother’s death and his explosive sexuality to find the man he can be. The film has its roots in the team’s award winning short film, Drowning, that did impressive business on the festival circuit and collected quite few fans along the way.
Novakovic, whose credits include “Edge of Darkness” and “Burning Man”, will play Annuska, a young pregnant woman who forms a precarious relationship with the younger brother of her recently deceased boyfriend, seeing in him a glimmer of the man she lost.
“Teenage Kicks is a special, powerful film and we are delighted to be involved with casting. Bojana is magical as Annushka and together with Miles Szanto as Mik there’s no doubt it’s an exciting cast” says Marianne Jade at Maura Fay Casting.
Curious Distribution will release “Teenage Kicks” downunder.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014