The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences held a special screening of Danny Boyle’s “Shallow Grave” in NY on Thursday.
The 1994 cult favorite features a then-unknown cast that includes Ewan McGregor, Christopher Eccleston and Kerry Fox. The crime drama centers on a group of friends who find their new roommate dead but stocked with cash.
“Shallow Grave” was the film that first introduced audiences to Boyle’s unmistakable filmmamking style. It also marked the beginning of a sought after career that now includes such cinematic gems as “Trainspotting,” “28 Days Later” and “Slumdog Millionaire,” for which he earned the Academy Award for Best Director.
Moviehole was on the scene to ask the ever so modest “Trance” helmer about how he’s changed since his breakthrough effort.
- Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas, Nicolas Winding Refn - July 24, 2013
- Moviehole talks to Ryan Gosling about Only God Forgives and Internet Memes - July 24, 2013
- MH at the premiere of Epic - May 27, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton - May 15, 2013
- Isla Fisher & Joel Edgerton talk Great Gatsby with MH - May 15, 2013
- Carey Mulligan - May 13, 2013
- Carey Mulligan talks to Moviehole about The Great Gatsby - May 13, 2013
- Joachim Rønning & Espen Sandberg - April 26, 2013
- Pål Sverre Hagen - April 26, 2013
- Kate Hudson & Riz Ahmed - April 25, 2013