Seemingly convinced the twilight phase of his career – no girls, that doesn’t mean he’s about to start chasing glittery vampire parts – involves doing companion pieces to some of his best-known flicks, Robert De Niro has signed for [yet] another boxing pic.
De Niro will follow up next year’s “Grudge Match” – a comedy that teams the “Raging Bull” star with “Rocky”‘s Sylvester Stallone, playing two oldsters of the boxing game reunited for one big final bout – with a drama based on the life and career of Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran, according to Deadline.
Edgar Ramirez (“Zero Dark Thirty”) plays Duran, De Niro plays his trainer Ray Arcel.
“Hands of Stone” will be directed by Jonathan Jakubowicz and chronicles the journey of a golden-era boxer who was once considered one of the best, alongside Sugar Ray Leonard, Marvin Hagler and others. The movie will reportedly fix heavily on the fierce rivalry between Duran and Leonard.
Meanwhile, look out for De Niro in the feathery, affable all-star confetti-dousing that is “The Big Wedding”, out later this month! (Do I hear a ‘yay’!?)
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.