Mekhi Phifer (“8 Mile”) and Ray Stevenson (“Thor”) have joined the cast of “Divergent”, the first film in a film franchise spawned from the pages of Veronica Roth novels.
Principal photography commenced today in Chicago on the Neil Burger directed film, starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Academy Award winner Kate Winslet.
Maggie Q, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Zoë Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Ben Lamb, Christian Madsen, and Amy Newbold are also onboard the film, described as being a thrilling adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. Tris Prior (Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late.
DivergentFans.com say the abovementioned Mehki Phifer is playing Max our old Dauntless Leader, and Ray Stevenson is Marcus Eaton.
Evan Daughtery, of “Snow White & The Huntsman”, adapted the novel for the big screen. While nothing memorable, that film – thus, screenplay – worked, suggesting “Divergent” will likely go down better with audiences than the recent, similar-themed “The Host” (which, word is, won’t spawn a sequel; film didn’t make enough to warrant a franchise) did.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015