Mekhi Phifer (“8 Mile”) and Ray Stevenson (“Thor”) have joined the cast of “Divergent”, the first film in a film franchise spawned from the pages of Veronica Roth novels.
Principal photography commenced today in Chicago on the Neil Burger directed film, starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Academy Award winner Kate Winslet.
Maggie Q, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Zoë Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Ben Lamb, Christian Madsen, and Amy Newbold are also onboard the film, described as being a thrilling adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. Tris Prior (Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late.
DivergentFans.com say the abovementioned Mehki Phifer is playing Max our old Dauntless Leader, and Ray Stevenson is Marcus Eaton.
Evan Daughtery, of “Snow White & The Huntsman”, adapted the novel for the big screen. While nothing memorable, that film – thus, screenplay – worked, suggesting “Divergent” will likely go down better with audiences than the recent, similar-themed “The Host” (which, word is, won’t spawn a sequel; film didn’t make enough to warrant a franchise) did.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014