Mekhi Phifer (“8 Mile”) and Ray Stevenson (“Thor”) have joined the cast of “Divergent”, the first film in a film franchise spawned from the pages of Veronica Roth novels.
Principal photography commenced today in Chicago on the Neil Burger directed film, starring Shailene Woodley, Theo James, and Academy Award winner Kate Winslet.
Maggie Q, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Zoë Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, Ben Lloyd-Hughes, Ben Lamb, Christian Madsen, and Amy Newbold are also onboard the film, described as being a thrilling adventure set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. Tris Prior (Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it’s too late.
DivergentFans.com say the abovementioned Mehki Phifer is playing Max our old Dauntless Leader, and Ray Stevenson is Marcus Eaton.
Evan Daughtery, of “Snow White & The Huntsman”, adapted the novel for the big screen. While nothing memorable, that film – thus, screenplay – worked, suggesting “Divergent” will likely go down better with audiences than the recent, similar-themed “The Host” (which, word is, won’t spawn a sequel; film didn’t make enough to warrant a franchise) did.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015