Eric Bana (“Star Trek”), Edgar Ramirez (“The Bourne Ultimatum”) and Olivia Munn (“The Babymakers”) have been signed up for Scott Derrickson’s “Beware the Night”, says Deadline.
The Derrickson-penned script tells of “An Irish Catholic cop (Bana) working a case when he meets a renegade priest. Despite the cop’s beliefs, he’s convinced by the priest that there is a demonic element and together they work to solve the case and combat the paranormal forces working against them. Ramirez plays the priest. Munn plays the cop’s wife, who also has a tie to the case.”
The pic, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, might be the launching pad for a prospective new franchise.
“Beware The Night is a project we’ve been developing for many years, confident that a story which combines the paranormal with a gritty New York City police story is both original and strongly appealing to audiences,” Bruckheimer said. “We’re excited to work with Culpepper and his team at Screen Gems, and director Scott Derrickson, who has emerged as a uniquely talented filmmaker with the ability to both entertain and terrify audiences in equal measure. We’re also thrilled to have Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez, and Olivia Munn, three really fine actors whose strongly defined roles in Beware The Night will allow them to give full range to their skills.”
The project was originally in development at Disney but swapped studios, hopping to Sony Screen Gems a ways back.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015