Jim Carrey will reunite with “Ace Ventura : When Nature Calls” director Steve Oedekerk on the comedy “Ricky Stanicky”, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
A comedy in the vein of “The Hangover”, the film stars Carrey – in a role James Franco was once eying – as an actor hired to portray a fictional guy three kids made up.
[It] begins when three teens pull a prank and burn down a house in their neighborhood. They create a fake person to take the blame: Ricky Stanicky. Twenty years later, it turns out the three guys have been using this alibi to get out of every uncomfortable situation in life. When their girlfriends and wives force them to set up a meeting with Stanicky, they hire an out-of-work actor to play the part.
Oedekerk will re-write the script by Jeff Bushell, says the trade.
Jim Carrey’s riding the comeback wave right now; he got good notices for his role in “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” last month, and follows that up with an anticipated turn as Colonel Stars in “Kick-Ass 2″ in August.
Summit are producing “Ricky Stanicky”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015