Jim Carrey will reunite with “Ace Ventura : When Nature Calls” director Steve Oedekerk on the comedy “Ricky Stanicky”, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
A comedy in the vein of “The Hangover”, the film stars Carrey – in a role James Franco was once eying – as an actor hired to portray a fictional guy three kids made up.
[It] begins when three teens pull a prank and burn down a house in their neighborhood. They create a fake person to take the blame: Ricky Stanicky. Twenty years later, it turns out the three guys have been using this alibi to get out of every uncomfortable situation in life. When their girlfriends and wives force them to set up a meeting with Stanicky, they hire an out-of-work actor to play the part.
Oedekerk will re-write the script by Jeff Bushell, says the trade.
Jim Carrey’s riding the comeback wave right now; he got good notices for his role in “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” last month, and follows that up with an anticipated turn as Colonel Stars in “Kick-Ass 2″ in August.
Summit are producing “Ricky Stanicky”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015