Jim Carrey will reunite with “Ace Ventura : When Nature Calls” director Steve Oedekerk on the comedy “Ricky Stanicky”, reports The Hollywood Reporter.
A comedy in the vein of “The Hangover”, the film stars Carrey – in a role James Franco was once eying – as an actor hired to portray a fictional guy three kids made up.
[It] begins when three teens pull a prank and burn down a house in their neighborhood. They create a fake person to take the blame: Ricky Stanicky. Twenty years later, it turns out the three guys have been using this alibi to get out of every uncomfortable situation in life. When their girlfriends and wives force them to set up a meeting with Stanicky, they hire an out-of-work actor to play the part.
Oedekerk will re-write the script by Jeff Bushell, says the trade.
Jim Carrey’s riding the comeback wave right now; he got good notices for his role in “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” last month, and follows that up with an anticipated turn as Colonel Stars in “Kick-Ass 2″ in August.
Summit are producing “Ricky Stanicky”.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014