James Wan is switching gears – so to speak. The Aussie-born filmmaker behind “Saw”, “Insidious” and “The Conjuring” looks set to take the reigns on Universal’s “Fast & Furious 7″, according to Deadline.
Wan, most known for his ‘things that go bump in the night’ films, will pop his blockbuster cherry – not to mention ‘action genre’ woowoo – on the tentpole. If negotiations go off, Leigh Whannell’s best bud (the twosome went to university in Melbourne together before impressing Hollywood with their would-be treatment for the film that would become “Saw”) will replace Justin Lin, the “Fast & Furious” franchise staple who opted not to direct his fourth sequential “Fast” sequel (after next month’s “Fast & Furious 6″ left his tank a little empty).
Having been bowled over by most filmic additions to his Wan’s IMDB page, I can justly say he’s the right man for the job (so much more so than the three other rumoured contenders for the job, Harald Zwart, Jeff Wadlow, and Baltazar Kormakur). Either way, Wan should prove a breath of fresh air for the franchise – which has been pumping out sequels – most of them directed by Lin – fairly quickly over the past few years.
Only question now, what kind of car can Patrick Wilson and Leigh Whannell drive!? Manual or Auto?
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.