1. Even with in-demand young guns Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan and Jessica Chastain as Jane (not to mention Jamie Foxx possibly playing the third lead; character unknown), not to mention “Harry Potter” director David Yates wearing the helmer’s hat (you’d think his anointment would be a vote of confidence?), Warner Bros has reportedly gotten cold feet on “Tarzan”. The film, which counts Adam Cozard and Craig Brewer as screenwriters, has been pushed back to next year, Deadline citing an escalating budget.
2. Tom Holland, the young scene-stealer from “The Impossible”, has been cast opposite Chris Hemsworth in Ron Howard’s seafaring adventure “In the Heart of the Sea”.
3. Will The CW’s “Cult” become a Cult hit… even if it’s remaining six episodes get a web-only airing!? (No, it’s not back next season).
4. Hailee Steinfeld, of “True Grit”, has been added to the starry cast of Tommy Lee Jones’s “The Homesman”.
5. Ryan Murphy’s relationship drama “Open” has received a put pilot commitment from HBO.
6. Sony has picked up the David Ayer and Brad Pitt WWII Tank movie “Fury”.
7. Woody Harrelson and Liam Neeson are being courted to play the Texas Rangers who killed Bonnie and Clyde in “Highwaymen”, which MRC and Universal will jointly fund.
8. Noah Emmerich (TV’s “The Americans”) will play Natalie Portman’s husband in the Gavin O’Connor directed western “Jane Got a Gun”. He plans on sticking around until his scenes are shot, we’re told.
9. A trailer for “Java Heat”, a fairly generic-looking actioner teaming Mickey Rourke and Kellan Lutz, is online.
10. Jose Padilha is in talks to direct true-crime thriller “The Brotherhood”, an adaptation of the acclaimed book “The Brotherhoods: The True Story of Two Cops Who Murdered for the Mafia.” The Brazilian director’s next film is something called, erm, “RoboCop”.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.