Former “Waking Dead” showrunner Glen Mazzara is in talks to write a prequel to Stephen King’s “The Shining” for the big screen, says Heat Vision.
“Overlook Hotel” will tell of events leading up to the best-selling novel and the Stanley Kubrick-directed 1980 film.
Warner Bros owns the rights to “The Shining”, which offered Jack Nicholson one of his delicious moments in performance art with his turn as Jack Torrance, the man who, with his family, would take over the frightening Overlook Hotel, so are free to exploit the brand within limitations. The studio had been looking to do something with the property, with a prequel – answering such questions as ‘Why was Jack Torrance in the 1920s?’ and why did Delbert Grady murder his family? (probably will be a big focus of the movie, I’m guessing) – always at the forefront of any idea-generating meeting.
Laeta Kalogridis, Bradley Fischer and James Vanderbilt will produce the film.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014