1. Ashley Judd will play proud mama to Shailene Woodley in the book cum film “Divergent”.
2. Rob Cohen (“xXx”) will step in for the incarcerated John McTiernan on Nu Image/Millennium’s “Crash Bandits”, centering “on the rivalry between two treasure hunters who specialize in salvaging old plane wrecks. When they get a beat on the ultimate prize, they find themselves in a race against each other in the Amazon jungle.” Cohen will rewrite Michael Stoke’s script.
3. Looking for some post-”Community” wages, Joel McHale has agreed to play second fiddle to the Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore unit on Frank Coraci’s rom-com about “a man and a woman who, after a disastrous first date, get trapped at a family resort with their kids from previous marriages in tow.”
4. Rosanna Arquette has booked a turn on Showtime’s “Ray Donovan”, while sister Patricia Arquette is doing an arc on fellow cable series “Boardwalk Empire”.
5. Kristen Chenoweth will unite with fellow stage-staple Matthew Broderick on the actor’s new multicamera pilot. The “Glee” star will play Broderick’s sister.
6. As we speak, a conglomerate of parents are explaining to their sons and daughters that Poppa Smurf died today. RIP Jonathan Winters. Dead at 87.
7. The latest still from “The Hunger Games : Catching Fire” features a Philip Islander.
8. Eva Green makes sharp, dangerous pointy things go extra pointy in this first squiz at “300 : Rise of an Empire”.
9. In May, we’ll be ‘Star Trekkin’… across the Universe’. The marketing machine spilled out a new poster and banner for “Star Trek Into Darkness” today :
10. The first trailer for “Romeo & Juliet”, starring Hailee Steinfeld and Douglas Booth, is online. No flippin’ idea what the movie is about, though.