Vin Diesel will reunite with Adam Shankman, director of “The Pacifier”, on the action/comedy “The Machine”.
Deadline says Shankman (“Hairpspray”) is in final talks to board the MGM film, written by “Night at the Museum” scribes Thomas Lennon and Ben Garant.
In what sounds like a live-action version of Diesel’s own “The Iron Giant”, “The Machine” centers on “a human-like machine (Diesel) created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world’s first true ultimate weapon, before the project was decommissioned and buried. Two decades later, The Machine is discovered by a kid who befriends him. When the government discovers he has been reactivated, The Machine steps up to protect the family harboring him.”
Diesel next appears in “Fast & Furious 6″, due out next month.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015