Vin Diesel will reunite with Adam Shankman, director of “The Pacifier”, on the action/comedy “The Machine”.
Deadline says Shankman (“Hairpspray”) is in final talks to board the MGM film, written by “Night at the Museum” scribes Thomas Lennon and Ben Garant.
In what sounds like a live-action version of Diesel’s own “The Iron Giant”, “The Machine” centers on “a human-like machine (Diesel) created in secrecy by the Pentagon as the world’s first true ultimate weapon, before the project was decommissioned and buried. Two decades later, The Machine is discovered by a kid who befriends him. When the government discovers he has been reactivated, The Machine steps up to protect the family harboring him.”
Diesel next appears in “Fast & Furious 6″, due out next month.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014