Rob Thomas’s “Veronica Mars” crowd-sourcing campaign made history when it pocketed over 2 million dollars in eight hours when launched on Kickstarter.com last month.
The campaign closed today, ending with in the bank – that’s near three times as much as Thomas’s goal (though, in movie-making terms, still not a lot of money).
“We have the funds now to make a rockin’ movie for you guys”, says star Kristen Bell.
The movie, filmed this Summer then released via Warner Bros’ digital platforms next year, will see Kristen Bell reprise her role as plucky freelance private investigator Veronica Mars. Also reprising their roles from the TV series, Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni and Ryan Hansen, among others.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014