Rob Thomas’s “Veronica Mars” crowd-sourcing campaign made history when it pocketed over 2 million dollars in eight hours when launched on Kickstarter.com last month.
The campaign closed today, ending with in the bank – that’s near three times as much as Thomas’s goal (though, in movie-making terms, still not a lot of money).
“We have the funds now to make a rockin’ movie for you guys”, says star Kristen Bell.
The movie, filmed this Summer then released via Warner Bros’ digital platforms next year, will see Kristen Bell reprise her role as plucky freelance private investigator Veronica Mars. Also reprising their roles from the TV series, Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni and Ryan Hansen, among others.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015