Rob Thomas’s “Veronica Mars” crowd-sourcing campaign made history when it pocketed over 2 million dollars in eight hours when launched on Kickstarter.com last month.
The campaign closed today, ending with in the bank – that’s near three times as much as Thomas’s goal (though, in movie-making terms, still not a lot of money).
“We have the funds now to make a rockin’ movie for you guys”, says star Kristen Bell.
The movie, filmed this Summer then released via Warner Bros’ digital platforms next year, will see Kristen Bell reprise her role as plucky freelance private investigator Veronica Mars. Also reprising their roles from the TV series, Jason Dohring, Enrico Colantoni and Ryan Hansen, among others.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015