Action-man Chris Pine demonstrates his versatility as an actor, headlining a heart-warming family drama about a young man that seeks out the half-sister he never knew existed.
While back home for his estranged father’s funeral, businessman Sam (Pine) discovers a secret – one his mum (Michelle Pfeiffer) isn’t pleased about coming to light – : He has a half-sister (Elizabeth Banks), and as per his father’s wishes, she’s to be tracked down and given her share of the cash. Rather than simply arriving on the woman’s doorstep with a bag of loot, Sam decides to
get to know the woman and her young son. And why not? after all, they’re family.
A sweet film, although one that doesn’t drag a little in spots, “People Like Us” – the directorial debut of “Trek” scribe Alex Kurtzman – is mostly a showcase for it’s great ensemble, which also includes Olivia Wilde, Philip Baker Hall and Jon Favreau.
Extras : Commentaries. Insightful, Interesting.
- Limitless potential for new CBS pilot - January 29, 2015
- Another Zoolander star returning for sequel - January 29, 2015
- Stephanie scares up more cast! - January 29, 2015
- Kevin Spacey marks his territory with Nine Lives lead - January 29, 2015
- Pitt to go to Africa for Jolie - January 29, 2015
- Battlestar Galactica fave heads to Fargo - January 29, 2015
- Rudolph, Smith doing their bit for Brothers in Arms - January 29, 2015
- Inbetweeners actor joins Now You See Me 2 - January 29, 2015
- Four more join Wet Hot American Summer series - January 29, 2015
- Aykroyd responds to Ghostbusters casting - January 29, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.