Action-man Chris Pine demonstrates his versatility as an actor, headlining a heart-warming family drama about a young man that seeks out the half-sister he never knew existed.
While back home for his estranged father’s funeral, businessman Sam (Pine) discovers a secret – one his mum (Michelle Pfeiffer) isn’t pleased about coming to light – : He has a half-sister (Elizabeth Banks), and as per his father’s wishes, she’s to be tracked down and given her share of the cash. Rather than simply arriving on the woman’s doorstep with a bag of loot, Sam decides to
get to know the woman and her young son. And why not? after all, they’re family.
A sweet film, although one that doesn’t drag a little in spots, “People Like Us” – the directorial debut of “Trek” scribe Alex Kurtzman – is mostly a showcase for it’s great ensemble, which also includes Olivia Wilde, Philip Baker Hall and Jon Favreau.
Extras : Commentaries. Insightful, Interesting.
- Drew Goddard may direct next Spider-Man - December 22, 2014
- Trailer : The Wedding Ringer - December 22, 2014
- The Interview only delayed, says Sony lawyer - December 21, 2014
- Trailer : It Follows - December 20, 2014
- Trailer : Kill Me Three Times - December 20, 2014
- The Interview sh*storm still spins - December 20, 2014
- Interview promo suggests Christmas day release still on!? - December 19, 2014
- Trailer : True Story - December 19, 2014
- Walt’s got the next Chipmunks sequel - December 19, 2014
- Team America plan f*cked, yeah! - December 19, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.