In addition to announcing a sequel to “Pitch Perfect”, Universal used CinemaCon as the place to reveal their release plans for the seventh “Fast & Furious” movie.
Suggesting, as rumoured, that the next movie in the fast-cars, big-muscles series will film this Summer, the studio revealed a July 11, 2014 release date.
In addition, James Wan (“Insidious”, “Saw”, “The Conjuring”) was confirmed as the film’s director.
“The next one”, said star and producer Vin Diesel, “is probably going to be the biggest one of all”.
While it’s a sure thing Diesel and Paul Walker will be back for the new film – released just a year after next month’s “Fast & Furious 6″!- there’s a grey cloud hanging over Dwayne Johnson’s involvement.
With a July 2014 release date locked in, “Fast & Furious 7″ would likely be shooting this Summer – and that doesn’t work for Dwayne.
The actor told that if the movie is shooting then, as per the rumours, he won’t be in it – he’s busy shooting “Hercules”.
“It’s not possible for me because I’m shooting Hercules this summer starting in 6 weeks in Budapest, so, possible for them I’m not too sure,” Johnson told Collider a couple of days back, prior to today’s announcement. “I haven’t heard anything about that and I’m pretty sure I would have gotten a phone call pretty early in the morning if that was the real plan. Not quite too sure though.”
You’d think Johnson would’ve gotten that call, considering July 2014 isn’t too far away. Might he be missing out on this one?
“Fast & Furious 7″ will be introducing a new character to the series, a big-time villain played by… well, let’s just say another hot action star.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015