Though Mel Gibson was said to have been considered, fellow Aussie Patrick Hughes has been picked to helm Millennium’s “The Expendables 3″, according to writer/star Sylvester Stallone.
Hughes directed the terrific Aussie thriller “Red Hill” – starring Ryan Kwanten as a young country copper forced to protect his town from criminals – a couple of years back.
Stallone revealed the news in a series of Tweets over on his Twitter page :
Does Hughes being onboard suggest we might see “True Blood” hunk Kwanten joing the gang this time around? Dunno. “Expendables 3″ kicks off this Summer – with Hughes said to be beginning work this week with Sly and the team on it – with Stallone, Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren returning for more. No word whether Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger will have roles in this one yet (or Wesley Snipes, who is said to be atop of Sly’s ‘wish list’).
Hughes spoke to Clint on the Moviehole podcast a couple of years ago, which you can listen to here.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015