Though Mel Gibson was said to have been considered, fellow Aussie Patrick Hughes has been picked to helm Millennium’s “The Expendables 3″, according to writer/star Sylvester Stallone.
Hughes directed the terrific Aussie thriller “Red Hill” – starring Ryan Kwanten as a young country copper forced to protect his town from criminals – a couple of years back.
Stallone revealed the news in a series of Tweets over on his Twitter page :
Does Hughes being onboard suggest we might see “True Blood” hunk Kwanten joing the gang this time around? Dunno. “Expendables 3″ kicks off this Summer – with Hughes said to be beginning work this week with Sly and the team on it – with Stallone, Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren returning for more. No word whether Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger will have roles in this one yet (or Wesley Snipes, who is said to be atop of Sly’s ‘wish list’).
Hughes spoke to Clint on the Moviehole podcast a couple of years ago, which you can listen to here.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015