Though Mel Gibson was said to have been considered, fellow Aussie Patrick Hughes has been picked to helm Millennium’s “The Expendables 3″, according to writer/star Sylvester Stallone.
Hughes directed the terrific Aussie thriller “Red Hill” – starring Ryan Kwanten as a young country copper forced to protect his town from criminals – a couple of years back.
Stallone revealed the news in a series of Tweets over on his Twitter page :
Does Hughes being onboard suggest we might see “True Blood” hunk Kwanten joing the gang this time around? Dunno. “Expendables 3″ kicks off this Summer – with Hughes said to be beginning work this week with Sly and the team on it – with Stallone, Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren returning for more. No word whether Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger will have roles in this one yet (or Wesley Snipes, who is said to be atop of Sly’s ‘wish list’).
Hughes spoke to Clint on the Moviehole podcast a couple of years ago, which you can listen to here.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014