Your Vacation has been postponed.
New Line has temporarily shut down the “Vacation” reboot – starring Ed Helms as a grown-up Rusty Griswold – due to creative differences, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
According to the trade, the cause of the delay has to do with opposing views on how ‘hard’ the film should be – as in, should it be an R-rated comedy like the original, or something more family-friendly that could carry a PG-13 rating.
The movie, which Christina Aopplegate, Chevy Chase, and Beverly D’Angelo are also in talks for, was due to get underway in Atlanta in July.
The film may get get underway again in a couple of months, or if matters aren’t resolved, it mightn’t be before the end of the year before cameras roll.
“Incredible Burt Wonderstone” writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein wrote the screenplay and are due to make their directorial debuts on the movie.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015