1. Voltage Pictures are financing a Joel Silver-produced thriller called “Invasion”. The plot of the low-budget flick, a product of Silver’s cheapo-label Zinc Entertainment, is being kept under wraps but is said to involve “intruders who play a life-and-death game in which the mysterious rules become clear as the night unfolds.” Sean Carter directs. (Deadline)
2. Rosario Dawson is in talks to star opposite Chris Rock in the comedian’s upcoming untitled film, which he’ll also direct. (Deadline)
3. “The Daily Show” alum Aasif Mandvi has signed on to co-star with Jon Hamm in “A Million Dollar Arm”. (Deadline)
4. Christine Lahti (“Chicago Hope”) will join Katie Holmes in the Paul Dalio-directed “Mania Days” (Deadline).
5. That controversial episode of “Hannibal” that was yanked because it featured a storyline about child killers? It’s been repackaged as a series of webisodes – with the controversial plot excised – which you can watch right now.
6. Cole Hauser (“A Good Day to Die Hard”) has landed a role in Wally Pfister’s “Transcendence”. (Heat Vision)
7. It’s not certain, but J.J Abrams says there’s a chance – even with his “Star Wars” commitments – that he might direct “Star Trek 3”. (Playboy)
8. Walmart is selling advance tickets to “Man of Steel” (Variety)
9. Guillermo Del Toro is bringing Japanese Manga “Monster” to TV Screens. (Deadline)
10. Adam Sandler/Drew Barrymore comedy “Blended” will hit cinemas May 2014. (The Hollywood Reporter)