While a big screen follow-up has been mooted for years (as has an adaptation of “White Jazz”, the book which features some of the characters from it), an “L.A Confidential” TV series seems to have been only a recent idea… and one that might come to fruition.
Deadline says James Ellroy, writer of the acclaimed novel of which the 1997 film is based, and New Regency, who did the film, has pitched a “sequel” series to several networks, cable platforms and emerging distribution outlets.
No word on which characters from the Oscar Winning film will make the transition to the TV series or whether any of the actors – which included Kim Basinger, Russell Crowe, Kevin Spacey, Danny De Vito, Guy Pearce and James Cromwell – will reprise their roles for the small screen jaunt.
- Diablo Cody on Barbie writing duties - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Self/Less - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Little Boy - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Big Game - March 4, 2015
- Redmayne, Vikander in The Danish Girl out November 27 - March 4, 2015
- Trailer : Avengers : Age of Ultron - March 4, 2015
- Scott, Collette set for Dougherty’s Krampus - March 4, 2015
- New directing assignments for Bryan Singer, Joseph Kosinski - March 4, 2015
- David Denman shoots for 13 Hours - March 4, 2015
- Usher for Independence Day 2, Sullivan for new Europacorp actioner - March 4, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.