Johnny Depp will reunite with his “Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides” director Rob Marshall for a movie musical, “Into the Woods”.
Based on the Broadway musical of the same name, the Disney production is Depp’s first sing-song movie since Tim Burton’s “Sweeney Todd” in 2007.
The Hollywood Reporter says, “Into the Woods is a mashup of classic fairy tales that revolves around a childless Baker and his wife, who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the Witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.”
Meryl Streep, who proved what a stellar voice she has in “Mamma Mia!”, will be joining Depp in the film.
“Streep will play the plum role of the vain and charismatic witch. In what would be a key supporting role, Depp will play a hungry and sexy variation of the fairy tale wolf character.”
James Lapine wrote the screenplay, based on his book for the 1986 musical.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015