Johnny Depp will reunite with his “Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides” director Rob Marshall for a movie musical, “Into the Woods”.
Based on the Broadway musical of the same name, the Disney production is Depp’s first sing-song movie since Tim Burton’s “Sweeney Todd” in 2007.
The Hollywood Reporter says, “Into the Woods is a mashup of classic fairy tales that revolves around a childless Baker and his wife, who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the Witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.”
Meryl Streep, who proved what a stellar voice she has in “Mamma Mia!”, will be joining Depp in the film.
“Streep will play the plum role of the vain and charismatic witch. In what would be a key supporting role, Depp will play a hungry and sexy variation of the fairy tale wolf character.”
James Lapine wrote the screenplay, based on his book for the 1986 musical.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015