After her showy turn in “The Call”, young Abigail Breslin is set for a bigger gig, playing the female lead in writer/director Mark Young’s crime thriller “Wicked Blood”.
Sean Bean, James Purefoy, and Alexa Vega are already set for the pic. Story tells of a teenage girl, Hannah (Breslin) who makes an enemy out of her fearful crook Uncle Frank (Sean Bean), who runs the illegal family business with an iron fist, when she falls for his rival (Purefoy).
Vega, of “Spy Kids” and “Machete Kills”, plays Breslin’s sister.
17-year-old Breslin got her break playing young Violet in Fox Searchlight’s Indy smash “Little Miss Sunshine” in 2006, since then she’s appeared in such films as “Zombieland”, “My Sister’s Keeper”, “New Year’s Eve” and the abovesaid Halle Berry thriller “The Call”, which chalked up considerable business for producer WWE Films.
Director Young’s credits include “Tooth and Nail” starring Rider Strong and Michael Madsen, “The Killing Jar”, again with Madsen, and “Southern Gothic” with William Forsythe.
I’ve really enjoyed Young’s stuff, think he’s a crafty filmmaker that could really impress given a sizeable budget, and have high hopes for “Wicked Blood”.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.