After her showy turn in “The Call”, young Abigail Breslin is set for a bigger gig, playing the female lead in writer/director Mark Young’s crime thriller “Wicked Blood”.
Sean Bean, James Purefoy, and Alexa Vega are already set for the pic. Story tells of a teenage girl, Hannah (Breslin) who makes an enemy out of her fearful crook Uncle Frank (Sean Bean), who runs the illegal family business with an iron fist, when she falls for his rival (Purefoy).
Vega, of “Spy Kids” and “Machete Kills”, plays Breslin’s sister.
17-year-old Breslin got her break playing young Violet in Fox Searchlight’s Indy smash “Little Miss Sunshine” in 2006, since then she’s appeared in such films as “Zombieland”, “My Sister’s Keeper”, “New Year’s Eve” and the abovesaid Halle Berry thriller “The Call”, which chalked up considerable business for producer WWE Films.
Director Young’s credits include “Tooth and Nail” starring Rider Strong and Michael Madsen, “The Killing Jar”, again with Madsen, and “Southern Gothic” with William Forsythe.
I’ve really enjoyed Young’s stuff, think he’s a crafty filmmaker that could really impress given a sizeable budget, and have high hopes for “Wicked Blood”.
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.