“A-Team” director Joe Carnahan (who recently exited MGM’s “Death Wish” remake over a disagreement with the studio over who should play lead Paul Kersey – they wanted Bruce Willis, he wants someone .. not so likely an action-hero) is in talks to direct an adaptation of Chuck Hogan’s novel “Sugar Bandits”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The project, which reunites Carnahan with “Smokin’ Aces”‘ home Universal, “centers on Iraq War vet Neal Maven, who is facing dead-end jobs and small futures in Boston. When he and some other soldiers team up in a scheme to rip off local drug dealers, destroying the product and grabbing their money.”
Carnahan has a thing for Liam Neeson, who he cast in both “The A-Team” and “The Grey”, so it wouldn’t be out of the question to suppose Neeson’s already in the mix to play Neal Maven.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014