Several new trailers hit the web over the past 24 to 48 hours, including the international trailer for “Mortal Instruments : City of Bones”. Here’s a look at that one, as well as two fun-looking Indie movies.
Violet & Daisy
Violet & Daisy is the story of Daisy (Saoirse Ronan) and her surreal and violent journey through New York City. With her volatile partner-in-crime Violet (Alexis Bledel) the two young assassins face a series of opponents, including one unusually mysterious man (James Gandolfini), in a life-altering encounter.
The Mortal Instruments : City of Bones
New York City teen Clary Fray (Lily Collins) learns that she is descended from a noble line of half-angel demon slayers known as the Shadowhunters, and joins their powerful ranks in a bid to rescue her missing mother (Lena Headey) from an alternate dimension known as the Downworld, where the terrifying creatures of legend roam free. Adapted from the popular series of novels by author Cassandra Clare, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones co-stars Robert Maillet, Kevin Durand, Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, CCH Pounder, and Jared Harris
An odd couple of sorts, meditative and stern Alvin and his girlfriend’s brother, Lance, dopey and insecure, leave the city behind to spend the summer in solitude repainting traffic lines down the center of a country highway ravaged by wildfire. As they sink into their job in the remarkable landscape, they learn more than they want to about each other and their own limitations. An unlikely friendship develops through humor and nasty exchanges, leading to surprising affection. Adapted from Icelandic film “Either Way,” “Prince Avalanche” is driven by wonderful performances by Paul Rudd, Emile Hirsch, and Lance LeGault. Writer/director David Gordon Green gets back to his independent roots with this character study, which shows his knack for realistically capturing people and finding meaning in their lives and dreams. With a soundtrack by Explosions in the Sky and David Wingo and gorgeous cinematography by Tim Orr, “Prince Avalanche” bucks convention by exploring male bonding in a refreshingly genuine way.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015