“Zero Dark Thirty” star – and all-round Hollywood nice girl – Jessica Chastain has pocketed herself the lead part in “The Zookeeper’s Wife”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, seen recently in “Mama”, will play a real person – one of the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, who helped save hundreds during the Nazi invasion.
“When the Nazi army overran Warsaw, destroying the city and its zoo, Jan and Antonina Zabinski began smuggling Jews into empty cages. The Zabinskis also took about a dozen Jews into their home.
While danger was always present, and her husband was part of the Polish resistance, Antonina Zabinski kept a mix of humans and surviving animals (lynxes and hyena pups, among them) humming in a one-of-a-kind community that included socializing and even the occasional piano concert.”
The film, to be directed by “Whale Rider” helmer Niki Caro, is based on the novel of the same name by Diane Ackerman.
The pic, which is expected to film at Cannes, will shoot before Chastain reunites with Guillermo Del Toro, producer of “Mama”, on “Crimson Peak”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015