“Zero Dark Thirty” star – and all-round Hollywood nice girl – Jessica Chastain has pocketed herself the lead part in “The Zookeeper’s Wife”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, seen recently in “Mama”, will play a real person – one of the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, who helped save hundreds during the Nazi invasion.
“When the Nazi army overran Warsaw, destroying the city and its zoo, Jan and Antonina Zabinski began smuggling Jews into empty cages. The Zabinskis also took about a dozen Jews into their home.
While danger was always present, and her husband was part of the Polish resistance, Antonina Zabinski kept a mix of humans and surviving animals (lynxes and hyena pups, among them) humming in a one-of-a-kind community that included socializing and even the occasional piano concert.”
The film, to be directed by “Whale Rider” helmer Niki Caro, is based on the novel of the same name by Diane Ackerman.
The pic, which is expected to film at Cannes, will shoot before Chastain reunites with Guillermo Del Toro, producer of “Mama”, on “Crimson Peak”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014