“Zero Dark Thirty” star – and all-round Hollywood nice girl – Jessica Chastain has pocketed herself the lead part in “The Zookeeper’s Wife”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actress, seen recently in “Mama”, will play a real person – one of the keepers of the Warsaw Zoo, who helped save hundreds during the Nazi invasion.
“When the Nazi army overran Warsaw, destroying the city and its zoo, Jan and Antonina Zabinski began smuggling Jews into empty cages. The Zabinskis also took about a dozen Jews into their home.
While danger was always present, and her husband was part of the Polish resistance, Antonina Zabinski kept a mix of humans and surviving animals (lynxes and hyena pups, among them) humming in a one-of-a-kind community that included socializing and even the occasional piano concert.”
The film, to be directed by “Whale Rider” helmer Niki Caro, is based on the novel of the same name by Diane Ackerman.
The pic, which is expected to film at Cannes, will shoot before Chastain reunites with Guillermo Del Toro, producer of “Mama”, on “Crimson Peak”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015