John Grisham is writing a follow-up to his acclaimed 1989 novel “A Time to Kill”.
The book spawned a successful 1994 film, directed by Joel Schumacher, which offered Matthew McConaughey his big break.
Though “Sycamore Row” out in October, will only be in book form when it’s released in October, it’s quite likely the film rights will be snapped up too. And if that happens, a good chance McConaughey may reprise his role of lawyer Jake Brigance, who returns.
“A Time to Kill” featured a swag of great actors including Samuel L.Jackson, Ashley Judd, Kiefer Sutherland, Donald Sutherland, Kevin Spacey, Patrick McGoohan, Oliver Platt, Charles S.Dutton and a memorable John Diehl. Akiva Goldsman (“A Beautiful Mind”) wrote the screenplay.
Knopf Doubleday Publishing, who will release the book, say “Row” promises a trademark Grisham tale of “intrigue, suspense and plot twists.”
- Magnolia picks up Experimenter; New image released - March 27, 2015
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.