The dependable Justin Timberlake (“Trouble with the Curve”) is set to stretch his acting muscles further to play iconic 1970s record executive and wild man Neil Bogart, the founder of Casablanca.
The musician cum actor’s attachment helped securing financing for the film, which is being provided by Mark Damon’s Foresight Unlimited.
“Spinning Gold” is described by The Hollywood Reporter “as a rags-to-riches story chronicling the tale of a poor kid from Brooklyn who went on to define the pop music culture of his time. In his day, Bogart, who died at the age of 39, was credited with discovering and launching the careers of a generation of superstars, including Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and the Village People.”
“We are thrilled to partner on this iconic music tale that transcends popular culture,” RCA Records president-COO Tom Corson tells The Hollywood Reporter. “Our passion for this project will serve to help propel Spinning Gold to reach millions of music lovers around the world.”
The soundtrack will include classics, but classics covered by today’s artists.
Damon said : “with some of the music industry’s luminary artists lining up to join Justin in telling Neil’s incredible life story, the film is going to be a wild, music extravaganza that will light up the screen. And I have a personal interest in bringing Neil’s story to the screen, as I started my career working with Neil at Casablanca Records and Filmworks.”
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015