The dependable Justin Timberlake (“Trouble with the Curve”) is set to stretch his acting muscles further to play iconic 1970s record executive and wild man Neil Bogart, the founder of Casablanca.
The musician cum actor’s attachment helped securing financing for the film, which is being provided by Mark Damon’s Foresight Unlimited.
“Spinning Gold” is described by The Hollywood Reporter “as a rags-to-riches story chronicling the tale of a poor kid from Brooklyn who went on to define the pop music culture of his time. In his day, Bogart, who died at the age of 39, was credited with discovering and launching the careers of a generation of superstars, including Curtis Mayfield, Bill Withers, Gladys Knight, KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and the Village People.”
“We are thrilled to partner on this iconic music tale that transcends popular culture,” RCA Records president-COO Tom Corson tells The Hollywood Reporter. “Our passion for this project will serve to help propel Spinning Gold to reach millions of music lovers around the world.”
The soundtrack will include classics, but classics covered by today’s artists.
Damon said : “with some of the music industry’s luminary artists lining up to join Justin in telling Neil’s incredible life story, the film is going to be a wild, music extravaganza that will light up the screen. And I have a personal interest in bringing Neil’s story to the screen, as I started my career working with Neil at Casablanca Records and Filmworks.”
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014