Dwayne Johnson is – surprisingly enough, since he’s got a busy-enough and very successful film career on the go – headed to TV.
THR says the “Fast & Furious 6″ and “Pain & Gain” star has agreed to front an untitled HBO comedy, set amongst the world of retired professional athletes, for his “Pain & Gain” co-star Mark Wahlberg and “Rundown” director Peter Berg, who will produce the half-hour offering.
Stephen Levinson (”Entourage”) will pen the script and executive produce alongside Wahlberg, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Peter Berg, who also helms the pilot.
Johnson will next be seen on the big screen in the abovementioned fast-cars fifthequel “Fast & Furious 6″.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015