Dwayne Johnson is – surprisingly enough, since he’s got a busy-enough and very successful film career on the go – headed to TV.
THR says the “Fast & Furious 6″ and “Pain & Gain” star has agreed to front an untitled HBO comedy, set amongst the world of retired professional athletes, for his “Pain & Gain” co-star Mark Wahlberg and “Rundown” director Peter Berg, who will produce the half-hour offering.
Stephen Levinson (”Entourage”) will pen the script and executive produce alongside Wahlberg, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Peter Berg, who also helms the pilot.
Johnson will next be seen on the big screen in the abovementioned fast-cars fifthequel “Fast & Furious 6″.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014