Dwayne Johnson is – surprisingly enough, since he’s got a busy-enough and very successful film career on the go – headed to TV.
THR says the “Fast & Furious 6″ and “Pain & Gain” star has agreed to front an untitled HBO comedy, set amongst the world of retired professional athletes, for his “Pain & Gain” co-star Mark Wahlberg and “Rundown” director Peter Berg, who will produce the half-hour offering.
Stephen Levinson (”Entourage”) will pen the script and executive produce alongside Wahlberg, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Peter Berg, who also helms the pilot.
Johnson will next be seen on the big screen in the abovementioned fast-cars fifthequel “Fast & Furious 6″.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015