Production issues aside, “Men in Black 3″ pocketed lots of heavy-jacket change for Sony. No surprise that the studio would insist the franchise’s journey not be closed off with the threequel.
The Hollywood Reporter says a fourth film is in development, with “21 Jump Street 2″ scribe Oren Uziel (sounds like a bad guy from a Japanese horror film) on scripting duties.
No word on Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones, or for that matter “Men in Black 3″ recruits Josh Brolin and Emma Thompson, but one would assume the earlier two would at least be involved in some capacity – even in a “passing the torch” scenario.
“Men in Black 3″ may have made over $600 million worldwide, but Steven Spielberg and director Barry Sonnenfeld score a huge chunk of that so Sony probably won’t be too fussed if Smith or Jones don’t return – instead they’ll just market the film on the name alone… and new star Justin Bieber as Agent Bee.
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.