Despite suggestions James McAvoy and Alexander Skarsgard were battling it out for the role, Deadline revealed this morning that “Fast & Furious 6″ star Luke Evans has won the role of Eric Draven in the remake of “The Crow”.
Evans, who has also appeared in the likes of “Immortals”, “The Hobbit”, “The Raven” (pictured), and “Tamara Drewe”, will play the role made famous by the late Brandon Lee.
F.Javier Gutierrez directs the picture.
So keen to win Evans, who Deadline says was the original choice for Draven, the production has decided to shift production on the film to early next year – at which time Evans would have completed his PR commitments on “Fast & Furious 6″ and the next “Hobbit” film and shot “Dracula : Year Zero”, which he has the lead in.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015