Despite suggestions James McAvoy and Alexander Skarsgard were battling it out for the role, Deadline revealed this morning that “Fast & Furious 6″ star Luke Evans has won the role of Eric Draven in the remake of “The Crow”.
Evans, who has also appeared in the likes of “Immortals”, “The Hobbit”, “The Raven” (pictured), and “Tamara Drewe”, will play the role made famous by the late Brandon Lee.
F.Javier Gutierrez directs the picture.
So keen to win Evans, who Deadline says was the original choice for Draven, the production has decided to shift production on the film to early next year – at which time Evans would have completed his PR commitments on “Fast & Furious 6″ and the next “Hobbit” film and shot “Dracula : Year Zero”, which he has the lead in.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014