Despite suggestions James McAvoy and Alexander Skarsgard were battling it out for the role, Deadline revealed this morning that “Fast & Furious 6″ star Luke Evans has won the role of Eric Draven in the remake of “The Crow”.
Evans, who has also appeared in the likes of “Immortals”, “The Hobbit”, “The Raven” (pictured), and “Tamara Drewe”, will play the role made famous by the late Brandon Lee.
F.Javier Gutierrez directs the picture.
So keen to win Evans, who Deadline says was the original choice for Draven, the production has decided to shift production on the film to early next year – at which time Evans would have completed his PR commitments on “Fast & Furious 6″ and the next “Hobbit” film and shot “Dracula : Year Zero”, which he has the lead in.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015