1. Bryan Singer reveals via Twitter that “X-Men : Days of Future Past” will be filmed in 3D.
2. Showtime’s “The Borgias” won’t be getting a fourth season, but it’s story lines will be tied-up with a two-hour telemovie (Deadline)
3. Brian Duffield (“Jane Got a Gun”) will write the sequel to “Divergent”, “Insurgent”. ”The second installment continues the journey of Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) as war now looms. Sides will be chosen, secrets will emerge, and Tris will risk everything as she struggles to harness her incredible power” (Deadline)
4. Marza Animation Planet is going a 3D animated feature, their first, called “RoboDog” (Deadline)
5. Anchor Bay has acquired the rights to “I Spit On Your Grave 2″ and will release the film in the Fall.
6. Marvel isn’t doing a “War Machine” or “Falcon” film, according to head-honcho Kevin Feige (Collider)
7. Maggie Smith and Kevin Kline (Dave) will be in “My Old Lady”, the directorial debut of playwright and screenwriter Israel Horovitz (Variety)
8. Transmission films will release both “The Last Exorcism II” and “Emperor” direct to DVD/BD in Australia. The former hits shelves in July, the other August.
9. Southern Light Alliance is the new production venture from acclaimed producer Timothy White (“Two Hands”) of Southern Light Films and former film publicity and marketing specialist Anna Vincent. The partnership was formed earlier this year and aims to develop Australian projects and international co-productions. SLA is based at the Adelaide Studios, South
Australia, where Vincent resides. White will continue producing though his own company, Southern Light Films, which is based in Sydney and currently postproducing SON OF A GUN starring Ewan McGregor. The first coup for SLA is their successful bid for the rights to the novel, “Mice” by British author Gordon Reece, partnering with Julie Ryan (“Red Dog”) of Cyan Films. Reece’s debut thriller has received worldwide acclaim and has been published in 17 countries and released in 12 languages. “Tim White and I have worked together on several projects and saw a real benefit
with setting up a production arm in South Australia,” said Vincent. “When Julie Ryan brought MICE to our attention we saw a great story with international appeal and were excited to outbid a European company to secure the rights.” Author Gordon Reece said, “I’m thrilled MICE is in the hands of such a talented group of people – they’ve been behind some brilliant Australian movies and I’m sure they’re going to do an amazing job!”
10. A motion poster for “Now You See Me” has been released :
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014