Robert Redford, who has long wanted to make a film version of Bill Bryson’s book, will not only star in “A Walk in the Woods” but direct it, according to THR.
Redford, starring opposite Nick Nolte (a stand-in for Redford’s original choice, the late Paul Newman), joined IM Global at the Cannes Film Festival to make the announcement. IM is shopping the film for producer Route One Films.
Richard Linklater (“School of Rock”, “Before Midnight”) was in the mix to direct the film, but fell off; at that point, Redford – whose latest film as star and director, “Company You Keep” recently opened across the globe – decided to take the reigns himself.
Meanwhile, Mr. Redford may have let slip a rather spoilerish detail about his part in the upcoming “Captain America : The Winter Soldier”. We knew the actor was playing some kind of senior member of government organization S.H.I.E.L.D, but what we didn’t realize is that he’s not playing on Cap’s team.
Redford said in an interview with The Straits Times: ““I like the idea of playing a villain…I did that just because it’s a different thing for me to do.””
Oooh Interesting. Wonder how Disney will punish Redford that slip-up!?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015