Robert Redford, who has long wanted to make a film version of Bill Bryson’s book, will not only star in “A Walk in the Woods” but direct it, according to THR.
Redford, starring opposite Nick Nolte (a stand-in for Redford’s original choice, the late Paul Newman), joined IM Global at the Cannes Film Festival to make the announcement. IM is shopping the film for producer Route One Films.
Richard Linklater (“School of Rock”, “Before Midnight”) was in the mix to direct the film, but fell off; at that point, Redford – whose latest film as star and director, “Company You Keep” recently opened across the globe – decided to take the reigns himself.
Meanwhile, Mr. Redford may have let slip a rather spoilerish detail about his part in the upcoming “Captain America : The Winter Soldier”. We knew the actor was playing some kind of senior member of government organization S.H.I.E.L.D, but what we didn’t realize is that he’s not playing on Cap’s team.
Redford said in an interview with The Straits Times: ““I like the idea of playing a villain…I did that just because it’s a different thing for me to do.””
Oooh Interesting. Wonder how Disney will punish Redford that slip-up!?
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014