Robert Redford, who has long wanted to make a film version of Bill Bryson’s book, will not only star in “A Walk in the Woods” but direct it, according to THR.
Redford, starring opposite Nick Nolte (a stand-in for Redford’s original choice, the late Paul Newman), joined IM Global at the Cannes Film Festival to make the announcement. IM is shopping the film for producer Route One Films.
Richard Linklater (“School of Rock”, “Before Midnight”) was in the mix to direct the film, but fell off; at that point, Redford – whose latest film as star and director, “Company You Keep” recently opened across the globe – decided to take the reigns himself.
Meanwhile, Mr. Redford may have let slip a rather spoilerish detail about his part in the upcoming “Captain America : The Winter Soldier”. We knew the actor was playing some kind of senior member of government organization S.H.I.E.L.D, but what we didn’t realize is that he’s not playing on Cap’s team.
Redford said in an interview with The Straits Times: ““I like the idea of playing a villain…I did that just because it’s a different thing for me to do.””
Oooh Interesting. Wonder how Disney will punish Redford that slip-up!?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015