Dominic Cooper is headed back to the vampire subgenre.
The “Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter” star is in talks for a role in “Dracula”, joining Luke Evans and Sarah Gadon in the Universal feature.
The film, says Variety, is “a mix of mythology and history as it follows the story of Prince Vlad, the inspiration for the Dracula character popularized by Bram Stoker’s novel.”
The trade doesn’t state which role Cooper is playing, but Coming Soon may have the answer. The site reports : “Cooper is probably up for the role of “Mehmed”, the main supporting role to Vlad the Impaler, a Turkish Sultan who takes Vlad under his wing and ultimately comes into conflict with him. Gadon would be playing “Mirena,” an exotic and beautiful Transylvania woman who has a loving and caring relationship with Vlad.”
Gary Shore is helming. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless wrote the latest draft of the script. Alissa Phillips will serve as exec producer.
“Dracula” is due to sink it’s fangs into cinemas Aug. 8, 2014.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015