Dominic Cooper is headed back to the vampire subgenre.
The “Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter” star is in talks for a role in “Dracula”, joining Luke Evans and Sarah Gadon in the Universal feature.
The film, says Variety, is “a mix of mythology and history as it follows the story of Prince Vlad, the inspiration for the Dracula character popularized by Bram Stoker’s novel.”
The trade doesn’t state which role Cooper is playing, but Coming Soon may have the answer. The site reports : “Cooper is probably up for the role of “Mehmed”, the main supporting role to Vlad the Impaler, a Turkish Sultan who takes Vlad under his wing and ultimately comes into conflict with him. Gadon would be playing “Mirena,” an exotic and beautiful Transylvania woman who has a loving and caring relationship with Vlad.”
Gary Shore is helming. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless wrote the latest draft of the script. Alissa Phillips will serve as exec producer.
“Dracula” is due to sink it’s fangs into cinemas Aug. 8, 2014.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014