Dominic Cooper is headed back to the vampire subgenre.
The “Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter” star is in talks for a role in “Dracula”, joining Luke Evans and Sarah Gadon in the Universal feature.
The film, says Variety, is “a mix of mythology and history as it follows the story of Prince Vlad, the inspiration for the Dracula character popularized by Bram Stoker’s novel.”
The trade doesn’t state which role Cooper is playing, but Coming Soon may have the answer. The site reports : “Cooper is probably up for the role of “Mehmed”, the main supporting role to Vlad the Impaler, a Turkish Sultan who takes Vlad under his wing and ultimately comes into conflict with him. Gadon would be playing “Mirena,” an exotic and beautiful Transylvania woman who has a loving and caring relationship with Vlad.”
Gary Shore is helming. Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless wrote the latest draft of the script. Alissa Phillips will serve as exec producer.
“Dracula” is due to sink it’s fangs into cinemas Aug. 8, 2014.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015