Since the technology to have dinosaurs stomp out of the screen and gobble up cinema patrons hasn’t been invented yet, Universal have opted to postpone their fourth trip to “Jurassic Park”.
“Jurassic Park 4″ was due to get underway, under the direction of Colin Trevorrow, on June 24. It had been scheduled for release a year later, in June of 2014.
The studio is citing script and budgetary issues for the postponement.
With the latest draft of the script only delivered to the studio two days ago, and the “epic” scope of the film suggesting the film’s budget needed to be bigger, the studio has decided to wait a little – to find money, and run a spell-check through the script – before putting dinosaurs back on the island of Hawaii.
‘In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date, giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal’s beloved franchise.”, the studio said in a statement today.
‘We could not be more excited about the vision that [director] Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise’s storied history.’
In addition to Trevorrow, who remains attached, the trades report that Bryce Dallas Howard (“Spider-Man 3″) and David Oyelowo (“The Butler”) were in the mix to play the human leads this time.
Rather than rush a not-ready product into the starting line, Universal brass opted to push the film back until it’s ready.
The news of the film’s postponement comes just a few days after director Trevorrow tweeted a picture confirming the sequel would be returning to Isla Nubar, the island in the original film.
No word on when “Jurassic Park 4″ will get underway.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014