Kiefer Sutherland’s post-“24″ series “Touch” won’t be renewed for a third season.
Despite creatively rejigging the format for the show’s second season, Fox has opted not to renew the show, which has been screening Friday nights in the states.
The show, which featured guest-stars like Maria Bello and Lukas Haas this season, barely registered on the ratings blip this year.
But this could be good news for Kiefer Sutherland and “24” fans; according to Deadline, Fox is looking at having Sutherland reprise Jack Bauer for a new limited series on the network. No deals are in place, but longtime “24” showrunner Howard Gordon has apparently sold the network on an idea that would see “24” return as some sort of special event series/mini-series. Considering they’ve had no luck getting a bigscreen “24” movie made, this will make a few fans of the show – which wrapped in 2010 – smile! Talks are underway with Sutherland as we speak.
So it’s goodbye “Touch”, but hello “24”.
Meanwhile over at NBC, the axe has swung on “Up All Night”, “Guys with Kids”, “Whitney”, “1600 Penn” and “Deception”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014