Likely because they know how to shoot on water, “Kon-Tiki” directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg have emerged as the frontrunners to land the directing gig on “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″, according to Deadline.
Fredrik Bond, who helmed ”The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman”, is also in the mix (he’s apparently quite popular with producer Jerry Bruckheimer who, needless to say, gets a huge say at the table).
A fourth name, Rupert Sanders is also on that list. Sanders isn’t returning to direct the sequel to his “Snow White & The Huntsman”, so he’s no doubt hungry for a new blockbuster franchise-type movie he can sink his teeth into (just as he did his female lead on his last movie).
A director will be picked within the next few weeks, with the Johnny Depp starrer getting underway later this year or early next.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015