Likely because they know how to shoot on water, “Kon-Tiki” directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg have emerged as the frontrunners to land the directing gig on “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″, according to Deadline.
Fredrik Bond, who helmed ”The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman”, is also in the mix (he’s apparently quite popular with producer Jerry Bruckheimer who, needless to say, gets a huge say at the table).
A fourth name, Rupert Sanders is also on that list. Sanders isn’t returning to direct the sequel to his “Snow White & The Huntsman”, so he’s no doubt hungry for a new blockbuster franchise-type movie he can sink his teeth into (just as he did his female lead on his last movie).
A director will be picked within the next few weeks, with the Johnny Depp starrer getting underway later this year or early next.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015