Likely because they know how to shoot on water, “Kon-Tiki” directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg have emerged as the frontrunners to land the directing gig on “Pirates of the Caribbean 5″, according to Deadline.
Fredrik Bond, who helmed ”The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman”, is also in the mix (he’s apparently quite popular with producer Jerry Bruckheimer who, needless to say, gets a huge say at the table).
A fourth name, Rupert Sanders is also on that list. Sanders isn’t returning to direct the sequel to his “Snow White & The Huntsman”, so he’s no doubt hungry for a new blockbuster franchise-type movie he can sink his teeth into (just as he did his female lead on his last movie).
A director will be picked within the next few weeks, with the Johnny Depp starrer getting underway later this year or early next.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014