… Because Joe Wright, who directed Ronan in “Atonement” and “Hanna”, has emerged as the frontrunner to direct the film adaptation of the E.L James book, according to THR. Ronan is one of two young actresses Wright likes to use in his films; the other, Keira Knightley, would be perfect – ten years ago.
Should Wright sign on to direct the film it’ll reteam him with Universal, who he’s had a long-standing relationship with. Wright and the studio last collaborated on “Anna Karenina” in 2012.
It’s too early to say whether 19-year-old Ronan will play female lead Anastasia Steele, but one can only assume Wright – being a fan of the actress; not to mention how perfect age-wise she is for the part – has mentioned her name to Uni.
A number of high-profile directors have been in the mix to direct the erotic-drama, including Gus Van Sant (who even shot a test scene with actor Alex Pettyfer playing Christian Grey) and Bennett Miller.
Kelly Marcel is adapting the screenplay.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015