… Because Joe Wright, who directed Ronan in “Atonement” and “Hanna”, has emerged as the frontrunner to direct the film adaptation of the E.L James book, according to THR. Ronan is one of two young actresses Wright likes to use in his films; the other, Keira Knightley, would be perfect – ten years ago.
Should Wright sign on to direct the film it’ll reteam him with Universal, who he’s had a long-standing relationship with. Wright and the studio last collaborated on “Anna Karenina” in 2012.
It’s too early to say whether 19-year-old Ronan will play female lead Anastasia Steele, but one can only assume Wright – being a fan of the actress; not to mention how perfect age-wise she is for the part – has mentioned her name to Uni.
A number of high-profile directors have been in the mix to direct the erotic-drama, including Gus Van Sant (who even shot a test scene with actor Alex Pettyfer playing Christian Grey) and Bennett Miller.
Kelly Marcel is adapting the screenplay.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014