… Because Joe Wright, who directed Ronan in “Atonement” and “Hanna”, has emerged as the frontrunner to direct the film adaptation of the E.L James book, according to THR. Ronan is one of two young actresses Wright likes to use in his films; the other, Keira Knightley, would be perfect – ten years ago.
Should Wright sign on to direct the film it’ll reteam him with Universal, who he’s had a long-standing relationship with. Wright and the studio last collaborated on “Anna Karenina” in 2012.
It’s too early to say whether 19-year-old Ronan will play female lead Anastasia Steele, but one can only assume Wright – being a fan of the actress; not to mention how perfect age-wise she is for the part – has mentioned her name to Uni.
A number of high-profile directors have been in the mix to direct the erotic-drama, including Gus Van Sant (who even shot a test scene with actor Alex Pettyfer playing Christian Grey) and Bennett Miller.
Kelly Marcel is adapting the screenplay.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015