In a shocker that’d have Axel Foley himself shouting expletives throughout the foyer of the Beverly Hills Hotel (or CBS headquarters, which might be more appropriate), the TV reboot of “Beverly Hills Cop” has gotten a ‘pass’ from CBS.
The Hollywood Reporter says the show, which many considered a lock (especially since it tested through the roof!), now needs to find a new home.
The series stars Brandon T.Jackson as Aaron Foley, Axel’s (guest-star Murphy) son in an action-comedy reinvention of the Martin Brest hit. Shawn Ryan, of “The Shield” fame, is attached as a producer. Despite the good names in-front of and behind the camera, CBS had no problems sticking a fork in the pilot.
Sony and Paramount are now said to be shopping to the show, which also features Judge Reinhold reprising his Billy Rosewood (from the three “Beverly Hills Cop” films), to other networks.
If the show doesn’t get a home, there’s still hope for the franchise… Brett Ratner’s been developing “Beverly Hills Cop 4″, remember? PLEASE TV NETWORKS, PICK IT UP!
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
- Blomkamp’s statement on Alien plans misconstrued - February 27, 2015
- Routh gets Lost, West in the Money - February 26, 2015
- Billy Lynn nabs Alwyn, eyes Hedlund - February 26, 2015
- Spidey could remain Peter Parker after all - February 26, 2015
- Virginia Madsen to experience Joy - February 26, 2015
- Voges, Zombie reunite for 31 - February 26, 2015
- Schwarzenegger back for Terminator 6 - February 26, 2015
- When does the next Star Wars trailer hit? - February 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.