Just days after his series “Touch” gets the chop, Fox let Kiefer Sutherland know they’ll be retaining his performances services for a Jack Bauer reprise. The new “24” will hit the air next year… but what will it be? where will it be set? and how many episodes has Fox given Jack Bauer to solve this next mission?
10 Things We Know About The New “24”
2. It will consist of only 12 episodes. It’s not another ‘season’ of the show then, so much as it is a special ‘event’.
3. Being that there’s only 12 episodes, the producers have no choice but to skip a few hours here and there – so we won’t be seeing every hour of a 24-hour-period played out on screen, as per previous ‘seasons’. “The spine of the original 24 episodes was about 12 hour…Those were when the big events occurred, and then there were little events and connective tissue in between. So [we’re] taking the best 12 [of the 24]”, Fox’s Kevin Reilly said.
4. The show will be set abroad. When the “24” film was in development, it was said it would be set in London; don’t be surprised if ‘Live Another Day’ keeps that locale (and keeps the story that was to be told in the film, for that matter).
5. Most of the creative crew involved in the TV series return for “Live Another Day”, including showrunner Howard Gordon (now on “Homeland”) and producer Brian Grazer.
6. ‘Live Another Day’ will be set several years following the last season of “24” – in other words, ‘real time’ will have passed.
7. It was Howard Gordon’s idea, not Fox’s, to bring back “24”. “When Howard came to us saying he had an idea for a new chapter of ’24,’ he quite simply had us at ‘hello,'” remarked 20th Century Fox Television Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. “’24’ is a signature series for this studio, beloved by critics and audiences worldwide. Howard’s idea to revive the franchise as an event series couldn’t be timelier, and with the brilliant Kiefer Sutherland on board to reprise his iconic role, we can’t wait to get started.”
8. There’s no guarantee who (if any) from the original series will return to join Sutherland on “Live Another Day” but there’s a fairly good chance we’ll see Chloe (Mary-Lynn Rajskub) and Kim (Elisha Cuthbert). Right?
9. The movie won’t happen now – this is happening in it’s place. “[The producers realized that] 24 compressed into two hours is not 24,” said Fox Entertainment chairman Reilly.
10. “24 : Live Another Day” will premiere in May of 2014 on Fox (when “Glee” has a wee break).
- Creed punches into production! - January 27, 2015
- Beetlejuice 2 is really happening, says Winona Ryder - January 27, 2015
- Knock Knock who’s there? Lionsgate with 3 million bucks! - January 27, 2015
- Gobots go to the big screen!? - January 27, 2015
- Arnold vs Arnold Genisys details! - January 27, 2015
- Yep, this is the Fantastic Four costume - January 27, 2015
- NBC going with Monica Potter series - January 27, 2015
- That’s no Moon, it’s a New Moon! - January 27, 2015
- ABC commissions Chevy Chase, Beverly D’Angelo show - January 27, 2015
- Edgar Wright’s next comes complete with a Twist - January 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.