Never afraid to tarnish a classic (hello “Karate Kid”!), Will Smith’s said to be saddling up for a remake of legendary western “The Wild Bunch”.
The Fresh Prince is gunning to headline and produce – alongside Jerry Weintraub – the done-over cowboy gang yarn for Warners, The Wrap reveals.
Unnecessary? sure, but don’t be stabbing Smith with the sharp end of your boot. It was going to happen anyway…the film has been on the ‘remake’ pile for a couple of years now at the studio, long before Smith took an interest in it. And I think, and feel free to disagree, the flick will be better off with Smith – a capable thesp – in it, and producing, than someone less equipped or skilled.
The late Tony Scott was actually originally attached to helm the picture. Warner Bros are currently scouting for a replacement. Same in respect to the writer; Brian Helgeland had written a draft for the Scott incarnation, but the plan now is to bring in someone new who can write it up as a ‘Smith vehicle’ rather than ensemble piece.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.