Having boldly helped “Star Trek Into Darkness” gained the love of critics and cinemagoers, Chris Pine’s retained his ‘in-demand’ status, picking up two new gigs in the past week.
Firstly, Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal are in talks to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Rob Marshall’s musical “Into the Woods”.
“Into the Woods is a darkly comic mash-up of classic fairy tales that revolves around a childless baker and his wife, who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood. Streep will play the plum role of the vain and charismatic Witch while Depp will play a hungry and sexy variation of a fairy tale wolf. Sources say that Gyllenhaal and Pine would play the musical’s two princes, Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince, brothers who are pompous and self-absorbed.”
The film will mark the first time Pine and Gyllenhaal have sung on film. (The Hollywood Reporter)
The other film Pine’s committed to is “Stretch”, a Joe Carnahan-directed film about as a down-on-his-luck chauffeur (Patrick Wilson) looking to relieve his debt by driving around a mysterious billionaire who drags him to hell and back. Pine’s said to be only cameoing in the picture (a favour, no doubt, to Carnahan who cast Pine in one of his earliest, most memorable movies “Smokin’ Aces”). (The Wrap)
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015