Having boldly helped “Star Trek Into Darkness” gained the love of critics and cinemagoers, Chris Pine’s retained his ‘in-demand’ status, picking up two new gigs in the past week.
Firstly, Pine and Jake Gyllenhaal are in talks to join Johnny Depp and Meryl Streep in Rob Marshall’s musical “Into the Woods”.
“Into the Woods is a darkly comic mash-up of classic fairy tales that revolves around a childless baker and his wife, who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood. Streep will play the plum role of the vain and charismatic Witch while Depp will play a hungry and sexy variation of a fairy tale wolf. Sources say that Gyllenhaal and Pine would play the musical’s two princes, Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince, brothers who are pompous and self-absorbed.”
The film will mark the first time Pine and Gyllenhaal have sung on film. (The Hollywood Reporter)
The other film Pine’s committed to is “Stretch”, a Joe Carnahan-directed film about as a down-on-his-luck chauffeur (Patrick Wilson) looking to relieve his debt by driving around a mysterious billionaire who drags him to hell and back. Pine’s said to be only cameoing in the picture (a favour, no doubt, to Carnahan who cast Pine in one of his earliest, most memorable movies “Smokin’ Aces”). (The Wrap)
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015