Emily Blunt will give her throat muscles a workout with a role in the star-filled musical “Into the Woods”, which Rob Marshall is putting together with Disney.
Based on the play of the same name, the film has already attracted a rather glitzy cast – Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, and Jake Gyllenhaal are also onboard.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Blunt will play “the pivotal role of the Baker’s Wife, a woman placed under a spell of barrenness by her sorceress neighbor (Streep). When the spell is lifted, she suddenly finds herself pregnant — but in the dark musical, happily ever after is only the beginning.”
Depp plays the Wolf, Streep the Witch, and Pine and Gyllenhaal play Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince.
Blunt appears later this year with Tom Cruise in “All You Need is Kill”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014