Emily Blunt will give her throat muscles a workout with a role in the star-filled musical “Into the Woods”, which Rob Marshall is putting together with Disney.
Based on the play of the same name, the film has already attracted a rather glitzy cast – Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, and Jake Gyllenhaal are also onboard.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Blunt will play “the pivotal role of the Baker’s Wife, a woman placed under a spell of barrenness by her sorceress neighbor (Streep). When the spell is lifted, she suddenly finds herself pregnant — but in the dark musical, happily ever after is only the beginning.”
Depp plays the Wolf, Streep the Witch, and Pine and Gyllenhaal play Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince.
Blunt appears later this year with Tom Cruise in “All You Need is Kill”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015