Emily Blunt will give her throat muscles a workout with a role in the star-filled musical “Into the Woods”, which Rob Marshall is putting together with Disney.
Based on the play of the same name, the film has already attracted a rather glitzy cast – Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, and Jake Gyllenhaal are also onboard.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Blunt will play “the pivotal role of the Baker’s Wife, a woman placed under a spell of barrenness by her sorceress neighbor (Streep). When the spell is lifted, she suddenly finds herself pregnant — but in the dark musical, happily ever after is only the beginning.”
Depp plays the Wolf, Streep the Witch, and Pine and Gyllenhaal play Cinderella’s Prince and Rapunzel’s Prince.
Blunt appears later this year with Tom Cruise in “All You Need is Kill”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015