“Transformers” producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is one of the team on an English-language remake of Park Chan-wook’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance”, Deadline reports.
The film centers on two men who are bound by their common sense of loss and headed on a collision course of revenge.
Silver Reel, Lotus Entertainment and di Bonaventura Pictures and CJ Entertainment are developing the project, with Brian Tucker (“Broken City”) scripting.
The original is Chan-wook’s first instalment in the “Vengeance” trilogy. The second film in that series, “Oldboy” has just undergone a US remake, with Spike Lee at the helm. These two English-language versions likely won’t be connected.
A director is being sought.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015