“Transformers” producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is one of the team on an English-language remake of Park Chan-wook’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance”, Deadline reports.
The film centers on two men who are bound by their common sense of loss and headed on a collision course of revenge.
Silver Reel, Lotus Entertainment and di Bonaventura Pictures and CJ Entertainment are developing the project, with Brian Tucker (“Broken City”) scripting.
The original is Chan-wook’s first instalment in the “Vengeance” trilogy. The second film in that series, “Oldboy” has just undergone a US remake, with Spike Lee at the helm. These two English-language versions likely won’t be connected.
A director is being sought.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015