“Transformers” producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura is one of the team on an English-language remake of Park Chan-wook’s “Sympathy for Lady Vengeance”, Deadline reports.
The film centers on two men who are bound by their common sense of loss and headed on a collision course of revenge.
Silver Reel, Lotus Entertainment and di Bonaventura Pictures and CJ Entertainment are developing the project, with Brian Tucker (“Broken City”) scripting.
The original is Chan-wook’s first instalment in the “Vengeance” trilogy. The second film in that series, “Oldboy” has just undergone a US remake, with Spike Lee at the helm. These two English-language versions likely won’t be connected.
A director is being sought.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014