When Disney and Lucasfilm – king decision-makers on the franchise from here on out now that George Lucas has retired – announced they’d be canning Cartoon Network’s “Star Wars : The Clone Wars”, fans were left wondering when and where they might next get their cartoon ‘Wars fix.
Announced today, “Star Wars Rebels”, set between episodes 3 and 4 of the series, will launch Fall 2014.
“I think ‘Star Wars Rebels’ will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about ‘Star Wars,'” Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement.
“Star Wars Rebels” will premiere on the Disney channel then the rest of the series will be rolled out on the Disney XD canal.
”Star Wars Rebels” takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.
Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni, and Greg Weisman will executive produce, with “X-Men : First Class” scribe Kinberg writing the pilot.
This should give fans something to look forward to while they wait with sweaty anticipation for “Star Wars Episode VII”, which hits the big screen in 2015.
Here’s a video introduction to “Star Wars Rebels”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015