When Disney and Lucasfilm – king decision-makers on the franchise from here on out now that George Lucas has retired – announced they’d be canning Cartoon Network’s “Star Wars : The Clone Wars”, fans were left wondering when and where they might next get their cartoon ‘Wars fix.
Announced today, “Star Wars Rebels”, set between episodes 3 and 4 of the series, will launch Fall 2014.
“I think ‘Star Wars Rebels’ will capture the look, feel and fun that both kids and their parents love about ‘Star Wars,'” Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm, said in a statement.
“Star Wars Rebels” will premiere on the Disney channel then the rest of the series will be rolled out on the Disney XD canal.
”Star Wars Rebels” takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.
Simon Kinberg, Dave Filoni, and Greg Weisman will executive produce, with “X-Men : First Class” scribe Kinberg writing the pilot.
This should give fans something to look forward to while they wait with sweaty anticipation for “Star Wars Episode VII”, which hits the big screen in 2015.
Here’s a video introduction to “Star Wars Rebels”.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015